(Great for over ripe bananas)
There are so many variations of this recipe but this one has been frequently tried and tested with great success. Be warned it may not even have time to cool before you’re forced to share a slice or two.
Makes 1 loaf
175g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
125g butter, melted
150g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large ripe bananas mashed
100g raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- Grease a loaf tin and line with baking parchment.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, then the mashed bananas and mix well. Stir in the raisins.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring well.
- Scrape the mixture into a loaf tin and bake for 1-1¼ hours until golden and springy to the touch.
Allow to cool in the tin before serving in slices.